Looking for an economical slow cooker that won’t break the bank? Want to purchase one to save money in the long run but don’t have the funds now to by a pricey model? Then this list is for you. Here are the top ten best slow cookers for under $50, listed from cheapest to most expensive (and by expensive, we mean still cheap):
1) Crock-Pot 16-oz. Little Dipper Slow Cooker- $13- All right, so it won’t put dinner on the table, but it does effectively warm sauces and dips without needing to adjust the heat.
2) Proctor Silex 1.5-Quart Oval Slow Cooker- $15- Here’s another small one made specifically for dips, fondue, and steel-cut oats; fantastic if you like waking up in the morning to hot porridge.
3) Crock-Pot 3-1/2-Quart Slow Cooker- $24- Although it only provides 2 heat settings (low and high), this little beauty cooks dinner with wraparound heat- no stirring required.
4) Crock-Pot 4-Quart Slow Cooker- $25- This slow cooker is oval-shaped with dimensions of 8.5in by 12 in. The pro of this device is that its large size doesn’t affect its function; the con is that it has no timer.
5) Crock-Pot 5-Quart Smudge Proof Slow Cooker- $30- Capable of feeding five people or more, this slow cooker has four different time settings and automatically shifts to warm after the cooking time has run out.
6) Hamilton Beach 8-Quart Oval Slow Cooker- $34- This fantastic device has a capacity for 7lbs of meat or chicken, full grip handles, and a lid rest that prevents mess by propping up the lid so that drippings fall back into the dish. However, it only has three heat settings.
7) Hamilton Beach 7-Quart Stay Or Go Slow Cooker- $37- This slow cooker is all about function. The handles fold and snap into place for convenient storage. The lid is hinged so that it can be propped up while serving. A single clip latches the lid and base together so that you won’t spill juice all over your clothes while bringing lunch to your family reunion. What’s not to love?
8) West Bend 5-Quart Oblong-Shaped Slow Cooker-$40- Great for cramped kitchens or camping, this little guy weighs only 5 pounds and the heating base doubles as a small non-stick griddle. The only downside is that it doesn’t retain heat as well as a larger model would.
9) Hamilton Beach Set and Forget 6-Quart Slow Cooker- $49- Features basic manual settings, time presets, and temperature presets. The lid can be clipped to prevent spills during transport.
10) Crock-Pot 6-Quart Programmable Cook & Carry Oval Slow Cooker- $49- Great for feeding 7 or more people, this device features digital control for up to 20 hours and a locking lid gasket. It also shifts to warm automatically after cooking.
There you have it! You don’t have to shell out hundreds of dollars for a decent slow cooker, provided you don’t need all the bells and whistles. All of the devices listed above have received high customer ratings, so rest assured you’ll get your money’s worth. We hope this list helps you to narrow down your list of prospects. Congratulations on saving a lot of money both now and in the long run!